Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nana's Linguetta di Manzo le Olive - Beef Tongue with Olives

This is the second of the recipes I have of my grandmothers. This dish is excellent. Again, it is written as they were given and that is how I want to keep them. These recipes are really special to me and my family. I do not have a picture of this dish at this time. When I do I will post the recipe again with a picture of the finished dish.


Boil whole tongue in 1 cup white vinegar and 1 cup water. Add whole cloves, stick cinnamon, 1 lemon rind and salt. (Cook about 2 1/2 hours, give or take.) When done, peel, cool and slice.



Sauce


Chopped parsley, garlic, onion; cook in butter, thicken with flour.


Add broth from tongue, a handful of olives. Add tongue slices and heat slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment